On 23 Jul 2010, at 21:03, Alex Romosan wrote:

> on non ext* file systems readdir doesn't return the file type in d_type
> so this explains why i kept getting an empty list for show-aircraft (my
> flightgear directory is on reiserfs). i've already sent the patch to
> james, but maybe somebody else also wants to give it a try (works for
> me).

I've just pushed an equivalent patch to Gitorious, as always, please let me
know if anyone discovers problems. If anyone can easily run Cygwin or a
non-Linux, non-Mac Unix (FreeBSD being the obvious example), it would probably
be good to verify the code is sane on those platforms.

Huge thanks to Alex for his help and patience figuring this one out!

James