> From: Frederic Bouvier
>
>  Please post the result of the "set PATH" command (under Windows
> prompt,
> not cygwin)
>
> As said in the updated instructions, you must also have the
> 3rdParty/bin
> directory in your path as well
>
> To diagnose DLL loading problems, Dependency Walker is your friend.
>
> -Fred

Yes, 3rdParty/bin is there, too. This is my PATH

C:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear>set PATH

Path=%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Windows
Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files
(x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio
Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio
Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio
Shared\10.0\DLLShared\;C:\cygwin\usr\share\bin;C:\Program Files
(x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\Windows
Live;c:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\install\msvc90\OpenSceneGraph\bin;c:\cygwin\home\jon\flightgear\3rdParty\bin;C:\Program
 Files (x86)\Pinnacle\Shared files\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Pinnacle\Shared
files\Filter

I know it is set, now, too, because I can type in the name of executables in
the relevant paths and the commands are found.

It seems obvious to me, though, that if FlightGear cannot load png files,
cannot load 3D files, and cannot find the audio device, that something more is
wrong than simply not being able to find the PNG loader DLL. I followed the
procedure exactly. :-(

Jon