> Interesting... I guess it depends on numbers - if you have a detailed
> airport with 1500 different buildings, cars, aircraft, crates, lampposts,
> fences,... then you should have the same problem - and I guss the same
> solution, i.e. a sloppy range check which only probes every n frames
> should offer the same performance gain.
Looking at the animation code, I am  thinking about adding some kind of
"priority" property to animations. This might give us the chance to run some
animations on every frame, others on every n-th frame. This might be
configurable at a global scope (rotate animations run every frame, LOD-
animations every 10th frame or so) and can locally be overridden for every
instance of an animation.

I think, I'll do some testing during this week...

Torsten