Just to second that:

As ATC in EDDF I had several people experience that "totally white
scenery" - especially 1 guy coming regularly from EETN to EDDF - he
experienced that about 1 out of 3. And it usually happens just during
final.

In the meantime that guy experiences lots of FGFS-crashes already over
northern Germany when coming from EETN - so not sure if that prevents
him from getting the "white scenery" at EDDF!

So I tried it several times myself and got the "white scenery" too. I
got it even when just going from EDDP to EDDF. Moving my "total,
worldwide scenery" from an external USB-disk to a local (fast) one and
downgrading several Rendering Options and making sure I fly without
TerraSync "seemed" to fix it.

So I thought it is a slow PC in addition to the EDDF problem being just
at a corner-point of tiles and populated very heavily with buildings
etc.

But then I got it twice (out of 5) by going EDDF to KBOS with Concorde!
Once I tried to land anyhow (just on AutoLand) and scenery appeared
again just at TouchDown!

By the way: I use a UBUNTU 10.04 with AMD 64 X2 Dual 6000 with video
"GeForce 7600 GT" and 4 GB mem.

It really would be great if somebody finds a reason for it - of course
next time I will try that tip "cycling the views" - thanks for the hint!
joe