On Saturday 16 October 2010 02:27:09 Gijs de Rooy wrote:
> Hi mifi, Jentron,
>
> first of all thanks for reporting these errors mifi! It is really
> appreciated.
>
> All the FDM erros I got with the 744 from SVN (the 744 has its private
> repository, once in a while the version in Git is updated, as I make quite
> some small changes each time it's not worth commiting all those things
> instantly to Git) were:
>
>   In condition: /accelerations/pilot-gdamped GT 3. Unknown property
> /accelerations/pilot-gdamped referenced. Creating property.  Check usage.
>   In condition: propulsion/total-fuel-lbs gt /controls/fuel/fuel-to-remain.
> Unknown property /controls/fuel/fuel-to-remain referenced. Creating
> property.  Check usage.
>
> After applying Jentron's diff, I got:
>
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[1]/x-feed is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[2]/x-feed is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[3]/x-feed is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[4]/x-feed is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[7]/pump is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/dump-valve is already defined.

Yes, flightgear makes these before JSBSim runs, but I defined them in JSBSim
so stand-alone wouldn't complain.

>       Property  is already defined.

There is a null-named property somewhere, probably more than one.  I looked
for it briefly but couldn't find it.

> FGPropertyManager::GetNode() No node found for gear/gear[0]/wow
>   In condition: gear/gear[0]/wow == 1. Unknown property gear/gear[0]/wow
> referenced. Creating property.  Check usage.
> FGPropertyManager::GetNode() No node found for gear/gear[1]/wow
>   In condition: gear/gear[1]/wow == 1. Unknown property gear/gear[1]/wow
> referenced. Creating property.  Check usage.
> FGPropertyManager::GetNode() No node found for gear/gear[2]/wow
>   In condition: gear/gear[2]/wow == 1. Unknown property gear/gear[2]/wow
> referenced. Creating property.  Check usage.
> FGPropertyManager::GetNode() No node found for gear/gear[3]/wow
>   In condition: gear/gear[3]/wow == 1. Unknown property gear/gear[3]/wow
> referenced. Creating property.  Check usage.
> FGPropertyManager::GetNode() No node found for gear/gear[4]/wow
>   In condition: gear/gear[4]/wow == 1. Unknown property gear/gear[4]/wow
> referenced. Creating property.  Check usage.

Not sure what happened here.  The properties inside JSBSim are
gear/unit[]/WOW, how did that become gear/gear[]/wow?

>       Property /sim/model/pushback/kp is already defined.
>       Property /sim/model/pushback/ki is already defined.
>       Property /sim/model/pushback/kd is already defined.
>       Property /sim/model/pushback/position-norm is already defined.
>
> So, I changed the gear/gear[n]/wow back to /gear/gear[n]/wow (as it isn't a
> prop in the FDM tree, well there is, but that one doesn't get populated for
> some reason). This brought the console output down to:

gear/unit[n]/WOW would be preferable in case it ever needs to run in
stand-alone for some reason.

>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[1]/x-feed is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[2]/x-feed is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[3]/x-feed is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[4]/x-feed is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/tank[7]/pump is already defined.
>       Property /controls/fuel/dump-valve is already defined.
>       Property  is already defined.
>       Property /sim/model/pushback/kp is already defined.
>       Property /sim/model/pushback/ki is already defined.
>       Property /sim/model/pushback/kd is already defined.
>       Property /sim/model/pushback/position-norm is already defined.
>
> These are harmless messages, telling me that such properties are created in
> the FDM, right? Or does it mean that those properties already exist and do
> not require an extra init in the FDM?

These are being declared in the FDM, since FlightGear already defined them you
get these harmless messages.  You could comment them out so they're there
next time I need to load the FDM into stand-alone.  :)

> If I get an answer to this last question I will commit the stuff to SVN and
> see if I can provide a .zip of it as well.
>

> Cheers,
> Gijs

Thanks,
Ron