On 12/10/2010 01:52 AM, flightgear-devel-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net
wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 01:34:19 +0100
> From: ThorstenB <bre...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] FPE in
>       yasim::Atmosphere::calcStdDensity
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
>       <flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> I'm not an FDM expert. Maybe the speed has no meaning. But right now,
> YASim uses the given cruise altitude. And when the "cruise" section is
> missing, YASim doesn't initialize any cruise settings - including the
> cruise temperature "_cruiseT". And since its (stupid) default is 0
> (Kelvin) this triggers the exception (Airplane::solveHelicopter calls
> Atmosphere::calcStdDensity(_cruiseP, _cruiseT)) )
>
> cheers,
> Thorsten
Here is a pleasant and intelligent response. Instead of simply relying
on what others say, you've done tests and found the effects of
<cruise....> on the FDM helicopters. In my case, I'm sorry, but I have a
lot of trouble understanding Yasim for airplanes, helicopters, so for I
may take a long time to achieve something for helicopter :(

One thing is for sure. Yasim is an excellent engine FDM, but it lacks
developers to correct and improve all that.

Regards. Emmanuel

--
BARANGER Emmanuel

http://helijah.free.fr