On 11 Dec 2010, at 11:08, Gijs de Rooy wrote:

> Great news Durk! One thing that came up in my mind: would it be good to write
> a post at the forum, to stimulate
> people to put their planes into Git as soon as possible? We have quite some
> nice (GPL) stuff hanging around, that's
> not been commited yet and it would be a shame if they won't end up on the
> official download page...

I agree with Martin that we should try to encourage aircraft developers to
commit frequently, but nevertheless, I do believe that it would be a good
opportunity to make people aware of the fact that they should not miss the
deadline.

> What exactly is the current aircraft selection? We did welcome some extremely
> nice aircraft this year (the ASK-13 glider
> for example and the new Cub), which might replace some of the current
> selected aircraft in level of completeness/quality...

We currently have the following selection:

Modern Day Airliner:            Boeing 777-200
World War II Fighter:           A6M2 Zero
Twin Propliner:                 B1900d
Helicopter:                             BO105
Single Engine GA:               Cessna 172 P
Twin Small Turbo Jet:           Citation X
Ultralight:                             Dragonfly
Rugged Bushplane:               Dehavilland DHC2
Modern Fighter:                 F-14b
Light Towplane:                 Piper Cup (old version IIRC)
Small twin piston prop: Piper Seneca II
Sopwith Camel:                  Historic aircraft from the Dawn of Aviation
UFO:                                    Secret
ZLT-NT:                                 Advanced Lighter than Air vehicle

Over last couple of years, we have tried to limit our selection to having one
representative of each major class of aircraft.  While the list is typically
quite stable, we try to circulate a couple of aircraft each year, to show new
developments and highlight some new work. As far as I can tell we already
included the new Cub in the base package, but I did notice that we apparently
don't have a glider available.

In general, I'm quite happy with the current selection, but there are probably
some new developments that I might have missed. As said before, suggestions are
welcome. :-)

Cheers,
Durk