On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Hal V. Engel wrote:
> On Sunday, December 12, 2010 11:59:30 am Stuart Buchanan wrote:
>> > I also like having a minimum for each individual rating category so that
>> > everything has to have had approx. the same level of work to move up the
>> > status scale.
>>
>> I could extend the minimum values downwards so that an "alpha" aircraft
>> needs a minimum score of 1 in each category. Is that what you meant?
>
> No.  I was mostly thinking that for the higher status levels that each
> category needed to meet some floor value.  Alpha status is so low that I don't
> think a per category floor is very useful.

OK. I thought I'd done that already by stating the a production status
aircraft must
have a minimum of 4 in each category? Or, do you mean that  a
production aircraft
must have minimum value 4 in every category, but a 5 in (say) systems ?

I think I'd prefer to shift the score definitions instead, so that a
score of 4 in a given
 category reflects what we consider "production level". Does that make sense?

-Stuart