On 2010-12-13 17.36, John Denker wrote:

>> That configure test is broken.
>
> I agree.

I agree too but I do not agree on your solution. The problem is really
that the default is to try to use libsvn but the default should be the
other way around, i.e., require './configure --with-libsvn' rather than,
as it is today, require disabling usage of libsvn with option
--without-libsvn to configure.

If we do not want to change the default behaviour wrt libsvn, then
configure should check for svn_client.h before using apr-1-config. If
svn devlibs are in place then apr is also installed since apr is a
prerequisite for svn devlibs.

Currently apr is a pre-requisite for building flightgear cleanly in
default mode of configure.

Cheers,

Jari