On 2010-12-13 21.11, Jari Häkkinen wrote:
> If we do not want to change the default behaviour wrt libsvn, then
> configure should check for svn_client.h before using apr-1-config. If
> svn devlibs are in place then apr is also installed since apr is a
> prerequisite for svn devlibs.

Well, it is difficult to check for svn headers without apr since most of
the svn headers include apr headers. So there is a need to check for apr
before checking for libsvn. We can include the find_apr.m4 macro found
in the svn repository,
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/trunk/build/ac-macros/ to the
fg/source tree (e.g. in a directory source/m4 where this and other build
support macros could be added).

I can produce a better libsvn et al. checking configure.ac if there is
any chance it will make into the repository. One of the committers is
welcome to respond if they can consider to review such as change.

Cheers,

Jari