Hi Stuart,

Just a heads up.  Since the scissors-length and scissors-distance are
the H and L in action-sim.nas, I am using Torsten's how-to to move the
nose gear link computations from action-sim.nas to xml interpolations.
You can check this off your "to do" list.

The c172p.ac file detail is not enough to get oleo, so I guessed that
oleo is 2 inches less than scissors-distance.  This washes out in the
computation in any case.

I will also replace the nasal main gear rotations as a function of
compression with interpolations.  I will post a nasal template for this
similar to Torsten's gearscissors.nas along with documentation.  Hope to
have these two done today.

I will also replace similar nasal acos and asin use in the pa24-250, the
pa28-160 and the pittss1c as time permits.

By the way.  The filtering that will remain in the c172p action-sim.nas
for the nav radio could be moved to navradio.cxx.  Here again, the
needle damping and the needle behavior when tuned to an out-of-range
frequency or when the gs is out of range is device dependent.  The
filtered values are used by Aircraft/Instruments-3d/vor/vor.xml and
vor2.xml.  I was afraid that modifying navradio.cxx to achieve realistic
needle behavior for this vor model might break other vor/gs head or hsi
models.

Regards,
Dave P.