> Like Curt mentioned earlier, you'd better apply the same
> standard across
> the board or don't bother.  I think your best bet is
> to create your own
> little private sanitized aircraft collection so you don't
> have to be
> horrified by the rest of us scoff-laws.
>
> After you're done taking chainsaw to the FlightGear
> repository, you really
> should head over to Avsim.com, flightsim.com, etc. and make
> sure there's
> no icky trademark infringement going on over there as
> well.  I'm sure
> they'll appriciate you just as much as we do!
>
> g.

To be honest:
Yes, according to international laws a lot of the content is indeed an
infringement.

It depends on each company how they react. Most companies won't say anything,
but in the past there have been some.

Red Bull is known here that they don't like to see their logo on things they
aren't affiliated with. This means as I translated: Without their permission
you are not allowed to use it- even it is just for your own pleasure.

But the whole flightsim with MSFS, X-Plane, Fly! and FlightGear has grown so
much, that the most companies won't say anything anymore. As I described
already here on the list, some companies even likes this and see it as free
advertisement; some just don't want to see no Virtual Airline using their name,
but are o.k. with using the logo for a repaint....

If Red Bull wasn't known here for his strict view Oliver never had say
anything.

It is our own risk how we act.

Heiko