After being one party myself in one lawsuit based on "business law",
lasting over 15 years now, and having already 3 contradicting verdicts
by 3 different High Courts (OLG's in Germany) (and of course hundreds of
suggestions by lawyers!) - I am sure there is no lawyer anywhere on
world who is able to predict the outcome of any lawsuit in any country,
about: Are we allowed to -- and if we are - in which country are we ...
and what do other companies do ... and how does a "private" guy think
about it and how a "lawyer" and how a "freak" and how .... --> I could
not care less: That will not reduce the risk for FlightGear at all. And
I personally do not really see the reason for FlightGear to take any
risk in that matter.

  Yes: Also I would like to see different Logos on the models - but I
really do not care if that now is the realistic original actual Logo of
a company -- or if it is a "look alike" -- or even a completely new
invented one -- with some imagination it should be even possible to
invent FlighGear-Logos where someone can claim his rights in order to
get some money from third parties (of course outside FGFS). And even
promotes FlightGear by that!!! We should have some designers with some
fantasy!!

But definitely: The designer should take the risk for it - and if too
young: The parents should support it - that is standard in any legal
business matter for youngsters!

So I strongly vote to continue the discussion of how to support those
designers with "home-pages" or special distributions or whatever --
without FlightGear taking the risk! I thought there was already started
a very nice thinking in that direction!

How about directing the attention of our lawyers, designers, old guys,
young guys, etc. etc. etc. into that direction -- instead of what one
lawyer says about one unique country in some world in some universe --
that will not really help at all!! Judges seem to reside in a world not
known to anyone like us!

Sorry that I am not that deep in that technicalities to offer a complete
solution! But count on me if I can help in that direction!
joe