On 21 Mar 2011, at 11:15, thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi wrote:

> rgb: filesize 1.7 MB, time to appear 12 s, framerate for rendering 32 fps
> png: filesize 0.8 MB, time to appear 135 s (!), framerate for rendering 21
> fps
> dds: filesize 1.1 MB, time to appear 13 s, framerate for rendering 20 fps
>
> I have also tried other dds options, some didn't even render properly, and
> none was better than the bc3 shown here.

Maybe you already did this, but this needs a 'average of 3' (or 5) tests,
because I would be very surprised if the input file format changes the final
frame-rate after loading - it's all uncompressed to the same format in GPU
memory, as far as I know.

The PNG loading time also seems suspicious - decompressing a PNG is certainly
more work than RGB or DDS, but decompressing a 1MB PNG shouldn't take even one
second on a computer of the past few years.

James