On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:33:45 +0100, Robert wrote in message
<AANLkTi=ev_fsxjcvn8jj7+aiav6hzj6pq6spbyrnn...@mail.gmail.com>:

> > > ..this segfaulted on my 3 day old git, will retest with todays.
> >

> This maybe a problem with your graphics drivers. This option turns on
> Antialiasing. As I can see you use the R300 graphics drivers.
> Have you tried AMD's/ATI's proprietary driver?

..no, dependency conflicts last time I tried, they also require
rebooting, and I've got a boot-up problem I'll need to fix next
time, the last times, I had bios lock-ups for about 5 hours before
it would boot up.  Warm "reboots" with kexec works ok, but they
require an ok working kernel to keep me from those 5 hour boots.

..once I have that bios fixed, there's also r300g and radeonhd.
On hold until I have my other machines handy, I have new bios
batteries if that's what's wrong, but I'm stuck "in midair"
moving and need it open 24/7 for relocation offers and ideas.

> >  > > --enable-real-weather-fetch    (will test without this one and
> >
> > ..pls do, I got a wee WTF moment with 12fps on start-up and 44fps
> > airborne in replay, with --disable-real-weather-fetch and --fov=90.
>

> Tested without  --enable-real-weather-fetch and there is no change.

..weird, but there was wind, some stratus and what looked like
drizzle way SW of KSFO, on my last real weather try.

> Timing summary for                nasal.
> > -  mean time: 0.04 ms.
> > -  min time : 0.00 ms.
> > -  max time : 2.05 ms.
> > -  stddev   : 0.24 ms.
> >

> I don't think we have to dig into nasal code like Franz suggested
> (please correct me if I'm wrong) because as you can see there is no
> significant amount of time spent in comparison to this:
>
> Timing summary for               events.
> > -  mean time: 1.09 ms.
> > -  min time : 0.30 ms.
> > -  max time : 37.14 ms.
> > -  stddev   : 4.24 ms.