Am 11.07.2011 22:05, schrieb Stuart Buchanan:
> [For a moment I thought this post was from Thorsten Renk, and got _really_
> worried ;) ]
Hehe - apologies for having so many T(h)orstens around here. The parents
of the mid 60s were not very creative with names...

> Do you see this as a problem with the 3D clouds generated by the Local
> Weather system specifically, or 3D clouds in general?
It's 3d clouds in general but the local weather has the biggest impact
on frame rate. I think (better: guess) it's because Local Weather draws
more cloudlets. It's getting worse btw. the closer one gets to a cloud
and the more space on the monitor is occupied by a cloud.

> I made some changes recently, that should (with a bit more work on Thorsten
> and my part) allow the Local Weather clouds to make use of the same
> infrastructure as the Global Weather clouds. My hope is that this should
> improve the performance and visual quality of the Local Weather 3D clouds, as
> well as simplifying the Local Weather system so it no-longer has to handle
> quite so much model visibility handling in Nasal code.
Yep - noticed that you added a command for it. Good work!

Torsten