Durk wrote:

> Hi Vivian, Emilian,
>

> I am currently testing your new texture and I observed two things:
>
> First, I recently committed two additional textures for my ground network
> visualizations code, and these don't seem to work any more when using the
> dds materials files. I'm getting a simple black line not.
>
> Secondly, I noticed that the ground friction (which seems to be materials
> related), appears to be extremely high when using the new textures. I'm
> currently trying out the 777 at KLAX, and need to apply almost full
> throttle to in order to keep moving. Apparently only yasim aircraft are
> affected by this, but I could be wrong. I have to say that I haven't
> systematically tested this with and without the new textures, so there
> could be another explanation. I'm just reporting this, and would be happy
> to test this further is needed.
>
> All in all, I do like the fresh new look though. :-)

We have been unable to reproduce this problem on Linux or Windows with a
variety of YASim ac at KLAX. We have checked materials-dds.xml against
materials.xml and there is no change in the runway friction-factor,
rolling-friction, or bumpiness tags. It seems unlikely that a change of
texture format of itself would cause the symptoms that you report. Perhaps
you could be kind enough to carry out some more testing and if the trouble
remains could you please file a bug report here:

http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/list

In closing, we would remark that these new textures have been in Gitorious a
little while now and that there have been no reports of similar issues to
date.

Thank you for your kind remarks. Development of new textures continues,
albeit at a slower pace.

Emilian & Vivian