Hi,

I started splitting fgdata this morning. Created a project to store FlightGear
aircraft repositories,
under https://gitorious.org/flightgear-aircraft

More details are available on the wiki:
http://wiki.flightgear.org/FlightGear_Git:_splitting_fgdata

For some reason, this splitting seems to takes forever on Windows (like 25
minutes for the 744),
while Jorg managed to split the F-f16 in 90 seconds on Linux! Jorg will run a
script (being Cedric's
script, or some homemade combination) to split all the other aircraft.

@martin, I also have concerns about the easy-updating that we might loose.
However, I found
something called "git submodules" that might do the trick for us. There's a
reference in the wiki
article. Maybe someone with more git experience can comment on that one? I
listed some cons and pros on the wiki, feel free to extend.
Anyone's comments are welcome of course :)

Cheers,
Gijs