On 22 Oct 2011, at 16:09, Curtis Olson wrote:

> It might be a bit extra work, but it would be good to take the source.tar.gz
> files that cmake creates, unpack them in a new directory and just make sure
> we can do a clean build from them.  This always seems to expose a file or
> two, or a header that someone forgot to add to theautomake.am so it never got
> included in the source distribution.  (i.e. you could build from git just
> fine, but things were missing in the source distribution.)  These are usually
> easy to fix, but it's good to catch them earlier rather than later.

Will do!

Although, the CPack approach to this is rather different from automake -
basically it packages *everything* in the source dir. I've added exclude rules
for .git and .gitignore, but aside from that, everything from Git goes into the
source tarball.

Is there anything else that ought to be excluded? I can't imagine what that
might be, but suggestions welcome.

James