* Jari Häkkinen -- Thursday 27 October 2011:
> Didn't Franz Melchior loose some interest in fg due to a
> "freedom" clash.

I didn't lose interest in fg -- I only lost interest in developing
for FlightGear after the project "leader" let one developer push
the project in a very bad direction, and for the wrong reasons, too.
(Paraphrased: "He spent a lot of time for this, so I don't want to
reject it.") This has spoiled an essential part of FlightGear's
foundation. Such bad engineering puts me off. There were far
better solutions for the alleged problem, but cluelessness and ego
stood in the way. It wasn't a "freedom clash", other than one
developer having been given the freedom to destroy ...

m.  :-P

PS: I put "leader" in quotes because for me as an Army officer,
    a leader is someone who *leads*. "Leadership by not leading"
    (and being proud of it) isn't a leadership style in my book.