I am all for changing the generation tools but have one issue with the
use of GRASS and that is how to use it.
Currently there is some good doco's on building scenery via the current
tools and also some scripts that people have put together to automate
all or part of it.

With GRASS how ever there is no doco and so it would take people such as
myself a long time to come up to speed.

Would some be able to supply a nice howto doco for this process that
even I could follow?

I think we also need some doco covering how to setup a PostGIS setup
with TG for building as i have several TB of GIS data that I use (under
CC License ) and think that PostGIS might speed up my processing times

Jason