On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 11:21 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:

> classify Landsat7 imagery.  On the other hand there's a lot more detail
> in John Holden's London work, Gijs Frisian islands and all the other
> custom stuff (Helgoland comes into my mind as well, I can't remember
> all the individual places).  Detail which I consider as highly valuable
> and which therefore deserves to be preserved.

Just a thought, without too much knowledge of the matter;

Wouldn't it be beneficial to split up the datasets into rectangular
chunks like the scenery parser does? In my mind it would be possible to
favor hand crafted work over automatically created scenery quite easily
that way. It might even speed up processing?

Erik