Am 07.03.2012 20:59, schrieb Roberto Inzerillo:
> I'm not talking about what people are currently doing (I'd go with 24bit
> on everything ... joking!), I'm asking about reasons (technical aspects,
> facts) that can help me decide for high-res against low-res.
> That would help me a lot in making good choices with respect to what
> FGFS is expecting from an input device.

I can tell you from experience with many users during our LinuxTag and
FSweekend presentations that you need
- for throttle: 1 bit (full/idle)
- for Mixture: 1 bit(full rich/cutoff)
- for RPM: allway full (constant)

Flight controls depend on user experience:
first time user: 2 bit (full-left, more-or-less-centered, full-right)
space cadets (those, who always know better): 32bit is not enough.

;-)

Torsten