As I mentioned some weeks ago I think we should leave path of creating world
scenery in one task. I made a proposal how to create world scenery in chunks
all day and nights with jenkins on different machines for different regions.
The sources for this creation process can remain on one "master", the many
fgfs-construct slaves will need a bit of cpu power (more slaves welcome here
anytime for testing). What I miss at the moment is a tool like terramaster for
this process, where one can follow recent scenery creation process by created
tiles i.e. The jenkins artifacts can be pushed to a terrasync server, daily,
weekly, monthly or in whatever cycle. A tool like terramaster should reflect
the versioning of the region/tiles visually somehow, but this is not the most
important part of course.

For me the scenery release should not follow the core release plan. A need for
the next release cycle might be moving the outdated static apt.dat from the
base package to a new place, but of course only in case someone really follows
the plan to get a dynamical  apt data solution for next flightgear. I know the
plan with jenkins scenery creation might cause some inconsistency the first
weeks and months, but once the creation process is in sync with data there
remain only small areas to update and we can follow regular and great apt.dat
updates coming in every months by a huge group of contributors chez xplane.

There is probably no other way (or I didnt here anything different here):
apt.dat in 810 format is a scenery development blocker, independent of release
numbers.

Cheers, Yves