> I'd add to this list
>
> * lightfields integrating well with other shaders.
>
> For example,  I know that the random vegetation doesn't work with
> lightfield shaders, and the fix that Emilian put together to allow the
> random buildings to work was a workaround rather than a full fix.  I
> think this is probably something you and I will need to work on
> together to fix.

I have that one on my todo list, but my suspicion is that it's going to be a
very tough one. The lightfields are rather computation-heavy on the vertex
shader side (all the geometry relative to the sun needs to be done) and on my
machine scale with vertex count.

Now, random vegetation seems to increase vertex count a lot, and this may well
be not doable by just taking the code and applying it to the vegetation (it
didn't work with clouds either).  So it probably needs a dedicated
approximation scheme making use of the fact that vegetation is drawn relatively
close to the position and not 100 km distant to run at all.

Given my framerate when switching on lightfields and random vegetation without
lightfield shading, I'm not too optimistic :-( But worth a try.

* Thorsten