Am 16.06.12 21:39, schrieb Martin Spott:
> Peter Morgan wrote:
>
>> To add furtheer..
>> http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git/gitweb.pl?p=sceneryweb;a=blob;f=mapserver/Threshold_ILS_TWR.sh
>>
>> Were all reinventing a wheel..
> [...]
>> +++++++++YAML++++++++++
>> Yamls is a nice format cos it machine readable..
>
> I don't understand what you're trying to tell us/me.  The above script
> was written four ! years ago, therefore I don't know which wheel has
> been reinvented, the output is perfectly machine-readable and the
> motivation is explained in this mailing list posting:
>

> http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg17407.html
>
> Cheers,
>       Martin.

Hi Martin

In this post you write:
"Note, this directory structure is not meant to be used primarily as a
datasource during runtime."

Why not?

Example:
http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-world-scenery/source/browse/data/xplane-single/E/EDDF.xml

I don’t know if this make sense, but I kindly ask to check it once and
send comments.

I would also vote for a less nested structure than A/B/C/D/DDDD.xml,
just D/DDDD.xml (I guess the codes might go to 6 chars soon in xplane
apt.dat).

Cheers, Yves