Am 01.07.2012 15:03, schrieb Bertrand Coconnier:
> OK I finally understood what happened. Before 2.7.0, I was running
> 'cmake .' in flightgear root directory and it created all the object
> files amongst the source files. Since it is not the way to proceed
> with cmake, I decided to create a 'build' directory under flightgear
> and call 'cmake ..' in there instead. Unfortunately it seems I did not
> completely clean up the source directories since a copy of 'version.h'
> was still being in flightgear/src/Include.

Yes, building inside the source tree has all kinds of pitfalls. And due
to the ".gitignore" files which are there to ignore all generated files
(and keep them from being accidentally committed to git), it's almost
impossible to tell whether a source tree is still fresh & clean or
somehow tinted by a previous build.

After 2.8, I'm going to add a cmake warning for builds inside the source
tree. Some other projects even disallow such builds (throw a
configuration error). Maybe we should do the same some day - and then
get rid of the ".gitignore" magic.

Being able to just "rm -rf" the entire build directory (or drag&drop it
into the trash :) ) to ensure a completely fresh build, without a need
to clone the git repository from scratch, is just super-convenient.

cheers,
Thorsten