On Monday 30 July 2012 16:29:28 Curtis Olson wrote:
> I am in no way picking on any single committer here.  This just happens to
> be the most recent commit message that came through while I was thinking
> about this (sorry Gijs, we do really love you.  I'm mean, not really really
> really love, but well you know how I always say one sentence too many and
> paint myself into a corner I can't get out of.) :-)
>
> I sense that there have been a substantial number of updates to individual
> aircraft that are only going into the "master" branch and aren't getting
> cherry picked into the 2.8.0 release branch.  Perhaps this is intentional
> or I'm misunderstanding something, but I wanted to at least ask.  When I
> create the downloadable aircraft .zip files for the 2.8.0 release, it will
> be from the release/2.8.0 branch, but most of the aircraft changes that
> have been made since the 2.8.0 branch was created are not going in there,
> and are only going into "master".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt.

Hi Curt,

I've already cherry-picked that commit to release/2.8.0.

My impression is some of the contributors have some dificulties/issues with
this part of the git workflow and they'd rather not risk messing up the
release branch.
Maybe we should setup some sort of system (bug category?) for this, so that
we're made aware of fixes to aircraft already present in the release branch
that should be cherry-picked there.

Regards,
Emilian