On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 15:40 +0100, Alasdair wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 15:00 +0200, Anders Gidenstam wrote:
>

> > Try checking out the c172p as of the commit before
> > caeebdbd935015fd7b2bb3071e5f09b1b7815415
> >
> > E.g.
> >
> > git checkout caeebdbd935015fd7b2bb3071e5f09b1b7815415^ -- Aircraft/c172p
> >
> > That commit, from Aug 23, switches the c172p to use its own
> > instrumentation file rather than using the generic one. While the generic
> > one contains the wxradar instrument, the specific (naturally) doesn't.
> >
> > IIRC enabling the wxradar instrument is a well/long-known work-around for
> > this problem on ATI hardware?
> >
> > Also try changing the default window size settings in preferences.xml - to
> > see if the frame buffer for some reason reverts to the default/startup
> > size after the windows is resized to fullscreen.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Anders
>
> I reckon you are on the right track, Anders. I have already narrowed
> narrowed the problem down to fgdata, as building "next" of yesterday
> against with an older fgdata  checkout works just fine. I shall fast
> forward to the commit you suggest. Grr, I am beginning to enjoy this
> here git, it's cool - even for a senile old bugger like me :-)
>
> Alasdair

Spot on, Anders, that was indeed the commit that broke the Cessna's
back!
Not sure what you mean by "default window size" in preferences.xml, but
I changed to:
                <startup>
                        <xsize type="int" preserve="y">1920</xsize>
                        <ysize type="int" preserve="y">1080</ysize>
No effect. I already have --geometry=1920x1080 in .fgfsrc

Can't think how to proceed from here though :-( Sigh!
As you and others have mentioned, the wxradar connection ought to be a
clue, but I am not brainy enough anymore to follow it up, especially if
involves delving into OSG.

Alasdair