Am 25.11.2012 16:27, schrieb ThorstenB:
> Yes, same here, the left engine starts more easily. This means there
> already is excess fuel in the left engine's carburator at startup - it
> happens in RL, too. Let's assume it's not a bug, but another realistic
> detail Torsten has intentionally modelled ;-).
hmm, getting only one engine to run with the way advertised in the
aircraft help might be a bit too much of detail for inexperienced users...

Digging a bit further: when pressing s with all magnetos off, the left
engine reaches ~700 rpm, while the right stays below 500 rpm. The fuel
pump logic in Instrument-filter.xml has a threshold of 600 rpm which
explains why the left engine starts but the right does not. Setting the
threshold to 450 rpm lets both engines start simultaneously, so that
might be a workaround.

I haven't found any obvious difference between the two engines except
for the sense tag, but changing the sense leaves the asymmetry. The
c310, OTOH, is symmetric with both co- and counter-rotating engines.
Maybe there is an asymmetric electric load somewhere?

>> Maybe the Start Engine tutorial should advise you to switch it back on
>> again, otherwise the starter won't work when following the tutorial
>> strictly.
>
> Yes. Patches welcome. ;-)
I'll look to it, but I'll have to dig my way through the art of writing
tutorials first, so it may take some time.

Best regards,
        Andreas