> Problem is, there are no project leaders. And that worked remarkably
> well for quite a while.  I think everyone involved in FlighGear is busy
> working on other things right now. I know I am, and for a good reason; I
> learned the hard way FlighGear isn't going to pay my bill so I spent all
> of my time to projects that do.
>
> So let me be very clear: lack of response has nothing to do with
> disrespect or anything like that, until FlightGear provides means to pay
> any bills this situation isn't going to chance.
>
> I know this may feel frustrating sometimes but it's just the fact of life.
>
> Erik

I know I'm a nobody compared to you on this list, but I've given hundreds of
hours of time to Flightgear (Durk can testify to that) so I feel I should have
a voice.

I don't think Fligthgear will EVER provide any means to pay any bills until
you (the leaders, whoever feels responsible for the project) stop trying to
compete with MSFS and X-Plane in the "mild entertainment" department and start
marketing to the big league. I know there are some guys who are trying to do
something about that, and some are not even core developers.
It's also what I'm trying to do with the realistic radio code, and I will
continue to do so until I run out of speed and altitude and I crash and burn.

My 2 cents, whatever that's worth these days.
Also, thanks ThorstenB for a continuous stream of commits, bugfixes and
enhancements, thanks ThorstenR for a great weather system. Keep your speed up
and increase your AGL for a while.

Cheers,
Adrian