From: flightg...@sablonier.ch
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 11:25:59 +0100
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Musings on FG on Linux/Windows

Hi Curt
Maybe these are two types of conferences now. One could be the WIFGH, the
Weekly International FlightGear Hangout ;-) Or monthly ?
Another option I see now is probably a smaller european conference when I read
about this idea at the forums. Maybe spring or summer 2013 is a possible
schedule. The problems you mentioned about travelling etc. is serious, but when
we are looking for some sponsorship for conference location and accomodation
maybe it's doable? We could try to collect money to pay flights for developers
who have a good setting for the project, but no money left for travelling now.
I will help to collect money and to organize such a meeting. I guess everyone
has its prefs about location (see the forum post). I would recommend
Switzerland of course, because James and Vivan can park their JU-52 here:
http://www.airforcecenter.ch/index.php?id=25 , and because one could invite
this guy http://www.rtw2012.com and he can not charge that much expenses . Or
because the devs could visit this lab here http://www.sfly.org . Or because the
Google Zurich Headquarters could sponsor an international video hangout in the
nice old brewery they took. (They also took all the beer!).
But ... maybe you know it already, Switzerland is not in Europe unfortunately.
Sad, we need to look for another location. (Ok when we go along family size and
children, then I will win a location contest probably).
-Yves