On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 16:49:44 +0100, Arnt wrote in message
<20130205164944.7c842...@celsius.lan>:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 16:36:35 +0100, Arnt wrote in message
> <20130205163635.762a1...@celsius.lan>:
>
> >  Could the ATI hack have done something weird? Any ideas
> > welcome, I have no good plan of attack for this yet.
>
> ..if you can tell me how to diable it, and enable it,

...and preferrably from the commandline ;o)

> I can tell you how both cases look on running the radeon driver.

..er, once I have FG up from "bash run_fgfs.sh --geometry=1600x1080 &",
do I have the ATI hack enabled, or disabled?  It looked funny, and
playing with the rendering and shader menus works, but I tried to
pick a screen shot folder, I got these:
r300: ERROR: FS input WPOS unassigned, not enough hardware slots. (it's
not a bug, do not report it)
run_fgfs.sh: line 5:  9713 Segmentation fault      ./fgfs
--fg-root=$PWD/../fgdata/ $@

[1]+  Exit 139                bash run_fgfs.sh --geometry=1600x1080
arnt@celsius:~/FG-git$

> ..last time I saw FG flicker, I was pushing my Radeon 9250 too
> hard, 2048x1536x24(or32?)bpp@59.somethingHz, I had to back off
> 58.something to lose the flickering.

..an error message suggestion:
r300: ERROR: FS input WPOS unassigned, not enough hardware slots. (it's
not a bug, do not report it) # might read: "it's not a FG bug, might be
hardware or graphics drivers?", to help build debug skills and help
debug non-FG errors that now deny us new FG developers.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: