On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:17:32 +0000, Renk wrote in message
<e495a106ff5f31448739e79d34138c192789a...@mbs2.ad.jyu.fi>:

> >> OK, now I understand. Here's a screenshot:
> >>
> >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57645542/fgfs-screen-099.png
> >>
> >> It's not good for UK - but I guess we can fix that eventually.
>

> Do you have any reference material how autumn/winter colors in the UK
> should look like?
>

> > ..desert?  Severe drought?

..those were suggestions ;o), looked quite like the desert around
In Amenas, Algeria, if I can believe the oily news pictures.

> -20 degrees, 10 cm snow - now remove the snow, and what is underneath
> will pretty much look like this - soil, dead branches, dead plants,
> decayed leaves. This is what the color is for - providing a plausible
> background for frost and snow patterns with incomplete cover of the
> ground (which look silly superimposed on bright breen fields).

..maybe in the old days, nowadays, some grass is green, most
of it, say 4/5 is a pale dull yellow when the snow comes.
Climate change, grass grows about 3 months longer now, than
in the 1960-ies when grass was cut once, nowadays farmers get
3 harvests.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: