> ..a point I forgot to make: you (or your MUA?) don't attribute
> properly what I wrote below, which may be part of the thread
> breaking problem.

Arnt, you do know that 'you' in the English language doesn't necessarily refer
to you personally, but that it doubles as an unspecified 'one'?

If I say 'If you don't understand, then do X' I mean 'Anyone who doesn't
understand should do X'. So the remarks are pretty much addressed to anyone,
including myself, certainly not to you personally. It occurred to me later that
this feature of English might lead to trouble with some non-native speakers -
sorry for any confusion.

* Thorsten