From: Stuart Buchanan
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:33 PM
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Aircraft Checklists

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Alan Teeder wrote:
>> The reason for my query was that I have found making a representative set
>> of
>> checklists is becoming  very unwieldy.
>>
>> With just my "entering the cockpit checks", I have already made 9
>> separate
>> checklist.  Each one has about 10 checks. I have made one checklist per
>> check list card on the real aircraft. These  checklist items disappear
>> off
>> the top of the menu list screen, and there is no indications as to which
>> checklists/cards have been completed, or which is the next to do.
>>
>> Having got this far it is obvious that the current system will not cope
>> for
>> the rest of the aircraft checklists that I intend to replicate.
>
> OK,  sounds like you've got much longer checklists than I have encountered
> myself.
>
> I'll see what I can do to support multi-page checklists.  I can probably
> add
> Next and Previous buttons to page through the checklist.

This is now available.

<item> nodes can now be grouped under a <page>, which the checklist display
handles as you would expect.

I've also added support for <marker> tags which leverage the existing
tutorial
markers.

I've updated Docs/README.checklist and the wiki to reflect both these
changes.

As always, the c172p has an example (Aircraft/c172p/c172-checklists.xml).

I've still to update the checklist->tutorial converter to support the
tags - that's
next on my TODO list.

-Stuart