> You asked for ideas for a more descriptive text - I've gone one better
> and
> added descriptive texts to the gui. My design aim was to provide the
> average
> user with some indication of which option he should choose and in which
> circumstance. It's only a shallow redesign. It would be nice, I think, to
> allow max vis range to be as low as 10kms, and also if this could be
> driven
> by z/Z. However, these items are beyond the scope of what I set out to
> do.

Thanks.

I can do the first item easily (I do think 10 km max visibility are a bit on
the low side, but it doesn't hurt anyone..).

As for z/Z - can we reach a decision first what to do with this? James and
Stuart seemed to be considering to drop this key binding, and I would actually
prefer that as well. Is there a compelling reason to manage visibility by key?
For me, this resembles more an arcade game strategy  than a realistic
simulation.

(If we keep z/Z, it'd be nice if anyone can give me a pointer how to link it
with the max. visibility or just do it, because I don't know how it's done...)

* Thorsten