>>> After all,
>>> head tracking is one of the most important aspect of flight sim.

>> It's fine that people are interested in something, but could we please
>> tone  down the rhetorics and refrain from arguments 'I am interested in X,
>> hence it must be one of the most important aspects of flight simulation'?
>
> Why reply like this?
>
> Just change the superlative "most" to "very", or remove it altogether.
> The poster is obviously not writing in his native language, and you accuse
> him of starting an argument?
>
> All the unsuspecting soul did was to enquire about  Flightgear
> interfacing  with Kinect.
>
> In my eyes you are one of the most respected contributors to Flightgear,
> but do seem to be easily provoked.

Um, Alan, why reply like this?

I asked Zhitao to _please_ tone down the rhetorics (i.e. to remove the
superlative, as I don't see it's needed), and you interpret that as me
'accusing' him to start an argument? Whenever did I say that? As for me being
provoked, in the follow-up 'discussion' we get to read 'fool, idiot,
ridiculous, pontificating about language skills,...' - does it strike you as
strange that I, as supposedly provoked party, do not use that kind of language
but say 'please'? Could you imagine that I might be motivated by something
other than simply being provoked (for which I'd not have a reason in the first
place)?

Since you ask, here's the thought processes underlying my  'Why?' spelled out:

I know very little about Chinese grammar and semantics, so I can't definitely
rule out that we're dealing with a language problem here. In which case a
simple 'Oh, sorry, simple misunderstanding' as a response would have solved the
problem. Note that this didn't occur after the fact.

But as I tried to indicate in my post as well, the structure of the argument

"X is important for me, so it must be important for everyone." or "I use X a
lot, hence X must be essential for flight simulation."

is a fallacy which I get to observe quite a lot. This suggested a high
probability to me we're not dealing with a simple language issue, but that he
actually meant what he wrote. In which case, I would think it valuable pointing
out that this is a fallacy and ask him to please not do it. What other way
would you see to change discussion culture here and in the forum? (Well, maybe
you see no need for a change, but I think it's rarely very constructive - of
course the counter-proposal from you would be that this is because I am so
easily provoked, to which I would reply as above,... In the event, I do see
merit in your perspective - I can't honestly say that there's any evidence my
post improved anything. So I'll just shut up here.)

* Thorsten