On Saturday 27 April 2013 13:31:33 Vivian Meazza wrote:

> What is the real problem? I've got a little list:
>
>       I don't want to download fgdata/fg/sg to find that I have to spend
> hours fixing up my work. I'd rather get on with my own stuff.
>
>       I don't want to download fg/sg to find that it won't build.
>
>       I don't want to download fgdata to find things which "used to work".
>
>       I don't want  to have frame-rates of less than 40 and/or jittery.

Well then the problem cannot be as large as it looks like since ALS does not
cause any of those.

>       I don't want to force users to choose between a nice atmospheric
> effects or shadows, or anything else.
>
>       I don't want to force developers to develop ac for one
> scheme/framework rather than another.

Then why have I not read a single email about how Rembrandt diverges from the
default rendering scheme and forces users to choose or that aricraft
developers have to make adjustments? I only read about ALS which is much less
of a problem, since I can use any airplane with it and can turn it on or off
at runtime without a problem, so as a user I don't have to decide up front.

>       I don't want to open the Devel List to find yet another storm with
> Thorsten at the centre of it.
>
> And finally - I feel really strongly about this one:
>
>       I don't want anyone to feel that they have to leave the project
> because of acrimonious discussions on this list or anywhere else. It has
> happened only         rarely, but I regret each and every one.

So why are you with those who are driving Thorsten away if you feel so
strongly about this point? If you don't want a shit storm why are you happily
contributing to it and siding with people who call others racist just for
refusing a huge feature commit during a feature freeze?

> I know this is unrealistic, but we should all be striving along these lines.
>
> I'm horrified that you have received hate-mail. This is only a flight sim
> for goodness sake. We have a long tradition here of friendly and orderly
> debate.

These are probably the most reasonable sentences within this whole debate.

Regards,
Stefan