Ronny Standtke wrote:
Hi everybody,

I could not get the scenario to start from chosen coordinates. I downloaded and installed the local area (e000n40.tar.gz) and started FlightGear, e.g. like this:
$ fgfs --lat=47 --lon=7.5
After the progrum run I discovered by browsing the internal properties that the longitude and the latitude where correct but the altitude was at -9999 feet so I started FlightGear like this:
$ fgfs --lat=47 --lon=7.5 --altitude=4000
But this didnt change a thing.

You need to add -in-air to disable the ground initialization routines.

BTW. There is a discussion about this subject in the flightgear-devel mailing list right now. Maybe you should subscribe to that list as well?

Erik