Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
I'm creatig a Gentoo Linux ebuild for FlightGear CVS and I'm getting a little confused by the dependencies for FlightGear CVS. The docs (step 5 - compile, in anonymous CVS build on the web page) say we need the following:

Glut
Zlib
Plib
Metakit
Simgear

The page says that metakit is used by simgear as is plib.

The documentation seems to get a bit out of date. Metakit isn't used by FlightGear anymore. It was never needed for plib.

Instead you now need:

SimGear:
 - plib
 - OpenAL
 - zlib

FlightGear:
 - plib
 - SimGear (and all of it's dependencies)

1. I assume plib is required by flightgear as well as simgear? In other words is it listed above because simgear needs it or does FlightGear use it directly.

FlightGear also uses plib directly.

2. The simgear web page says that for simgear 0.3.6 we need plib >= 1.8.0 and openal. There is no mention of metakit. Is metakit no longer a requirement for simgear? Is it needed by FlightGear itself?

Metakit isn't needed anymore. OpenAL is needed for SimGear and hence also for FlightGear.

HTH

Erik