Paul Surgeon wrote:
Does someone have a list of "flyable" aircraft for FlightGear?
About the only aircraft that handles in a realistic way is the 172.

I once tried to come up with a table listing what worked and what didn't work on all aircrafts, but gave up.

What I would love to see done is all the incomplete aircraft stripped out of FlightGear. It leaves a sour taste in one's mouth when you try all the aircraft and just get one mess after another.

Me too, but in another way. There is a --verbose flag to --help, right? Give this flag to --show-aircraft as well so that, by default, --show-aircraft only shows the working airplaines, and only with --verbose would the more experimental ones show.

It would be better if there was only 1 good aircraft in FlightGear than add a whole bunch of useless ones that just drag the reputation and quality of FlightGear down.
How did most of these aircraft make it into official releases anyway?

I know these are some rather hard remarks but I can't find one decent jet to fly in FlightGear and it's frustrating.

I'm also stuck with c172 for now, and short trips.