On Monday 10 Jan 2005 18:42, Andy Ross wrote:
> Dave Martin wrote:
> > I've just about got the hang of the bo105 (I think) but....
> >
> > It continually rotates to the right in 'level-cruise'.
>
> Helicopters have no built-in stability in yaw.  Under different
> conditions, you need to apply different rudder inputs to counter the
> main rotor torque and stay pointed in the same direction.
>
> I don't know if the magnitude or direction of the zero-rudder rotation
> is correct, but the general effect (you need to constantly be working
> the rudders) is definitely right.
>
> Andy

> 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d

That I know.

We were discussing that the bo105 always flies in the cruise with bank - any
rudder inputs in the cruise just cause deflection from the track. (crabbing)

The bo105s non-flapping rotor seems to be the reason for requiring bank to
maintain a heading; have a go yourself; no ammount of rudder in any direction
in the bo105 with nil-roll will prevent an inexorable turn to the right.

Dave Martin