Giles Robertson wrote:

We get a lot of queries about installing scenery. I've put a page up on
the wiki:
http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/flight_gear/installing_scenery.html?wpid=16
8815
But could people check that that's correct?

Giles,

A couple things.

For windows users, I think this is the wrong direction to approach this subject. See my other post from a couple minutes ago for how I'd explain the process to a windows user (not that I'm claiming my explanation will be understood any better, just saying that's how I'd approach it.)

To nitpick, FG_SCENERY can be a path so you can list several directories.

So I think that since most of these questions are coming from windows "users", I start with a specific explanation targeted towards them, emphasizing the default process of installing scenery, not the underlying theory of how FG leverages environment variables and paths and things like that.

Regards,

Curt.