On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:04:06 -0600
Ralph Jones wrote:

> I've just done a rebuild on my Linux box, with Fedora Core 3 and a
> Radeon 7000 video card. In trying to get it configured for FG, I've
> been unable to get the card to run accelerated. glxgears runs about
> 500 fps, and glxinfo reports direct rendering off.
>
> I've downloaded and installed the Livna ati-fglrx driver, to no
> effect, and haven't found much help on the Fedora fora. My xorg.conf
> and the output of glxinfo are below. Suggestions? Thanks...

ATI says that their proprietary driver supports Radeon 8500 and above,
and if you have an older board you should use one of the open-source
drivers. Arnt is going to be happy ! :-)

> Section "Device"
>          Identifier  "Videocard0"
>          Driver      "radeon"
>          VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
>          BoardName   "ATI Radeon 7000"
> EndSection

Looks like you're not actually using the fglrx driver anyway...

The problem is somewhere else. As Arnt already pointed out, maybe you'll
have to examine and/or post a few logs.

--
Jorge Van Hemelryck