On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:11:45 +0100, David wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> "Buchanan, Stuart" writes:
>
> > Would it be worth adding it to the CVS? I'm quite
> > happy to GFDL it, but one of the images includes a
> > grab from a sectional.

..precisely how does it include a grab from a sectional?

> > Interestingly, the San Franisco VFR Terminal Area
> > Chart I have doesn't include any Copyright statement I
> > can find. Does anyone know any reason why this might
> > be the case ? Are sectionals/terminal area charts not
> > copyrighted?
> >

> I believe that US sectionals are freely redistributable, although you
> should check properly of course!  Take a look at
> http://aviationtoolbox.org/ - he has all the US sectionals and
> terminal area charts avaiable for download, I believe legally.
>
> Sectionals from almost any other country are very unlikely to have
> such favourable redistribution terms :-(

..yeah, but Stuart's shot just looks like a grab, if it is, it might
still fall under the fair use clause, if it sin't, Stuart may still
have shot it GNU Free.  ;o)

..often, they just wanna protect their own data, or their own
"renderings" of the same data.  So we just chk the paperwork
and comply to it all.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: