Melchior FRANZ schrieb:

* Georg Vollnhals -- Saturday 05 November 2005 11:10:
Only one suggestion what you could do with the existing FM - give the BO105 a torque meter. It could be simplified by having 0 % torque on shutoff engine, 20% torque at full running engine/rotor rpm established + collective minimum and 110% torque at collective max.

Done.

m.

Hi Melchior,
after returning home this evening I was very surprised to see your message, compiled the latest CVS immediately and made some test-flights. This is a real *big* improvement not only for the experienced but for the beginner, too: Though the numbers vary a little when you start FlightGear again (I did it several times to check the performance), we could give people now some advice:
- to go from ground to hover (smooth) set torque to *about* 80% (+/-)
- to establish a stable hover set torque to *about* 75% (+/-)
- to make a smooth descend from hover position to ground set toque to *about* 70% (+/-) This is only an example that you get more *controllability* if you can *set* a desired power and *see* your settings. As we have already discussed it does *not* matter that the numbers are wrong as it is a very helpful fake to be improved with all other things over the next *years* :-) Thank you very much for the time and work you spent for this improvement, I am very happy!
Regards
Georg