Frederic Bouvier

> Quoting Eric Brasseur:
>
> > Erik Hofman wrote:

> > > This is probably becuase your hardware can't handle the high number of
> > > *static* scenery objects in down-town Wan Fransisco (near the bay
> > > bridge). You could try to limit this effect a bit by specifying:
> > >
> > > -prop:/sim/rendering/static-lod/detailed=500
> > > --prop:/sim/rendering/static-lod/rough=5000
> > > --prop:/sim/rendering/static-lod/bare=15000
> >
> > I found no way to add these parameters to the command line. The Windows
> > Me MS-DOS window did not allow me to type more than two lines of text
> > for a command.
> >
> > The best solution I found is to fly using a little 800x600 window. I
> > still get FPS freezes but very short, merely hickups. Also they don't
> > occur at the same place neither heading the same direction.
>
> You can alter you preferences.xml file, or use the "Advanced" section of
> fgrun
> to set --prop options.

Well, I don't know guys. I usually use Cygwin and cvs source and data. I
thought I would see what all this fuss was about, so I downloaded and
installed the windows 0.9.9 on an P4/nvidia GX5200 machine - nothing
special. And, lo, it installed and ran right out of the box using FGRun.
Absolutely no problems. Well, not quite true, so far as I can see
--carrier=Nimitz doesn't work in FGRun (because you can't avoid having an
airport set??). You can't select multiplayer on the main screen, but access
via advanced/networks is fine.

So I tried starting from the command line. Again no problems, except I'm not
sure that there are any shadows, but I'm looking at that again.

There are some bugs in the dropdown menus in FG - some of long standing-
sound mute doesn't, and I can't seem to select an airport from the dropdown
list. Apart from those everything seems to work as it should. (Melchior's
Bo105 is a bit broken when shadows are selected, but we won't mention that)

Ha! said the physicist: that proves FG-0.9.9 runs under Windows. Not at all
said the statistician: that proves that at least one user can install
FG-0.9.9 using XP on one combination of hardware. The computer scientist
said nothing - by this time he was confused.

Vivian