Le jeudi 24 novembre 2005 à 09:03 +0000, Vivian Meazza a écrit :

> Here's the fuller reply I promised earlier.
>
> The code makes 2 assumptions:
>
> a. there is only one carrier in the environment (which I will change to
> allow more in the future).
>
> b. In the carrier_nav.dat file each carrier is assigned a unique frequency
> which corresponds to a TACAN channel. This will not change
>
> The code takes the channel # and searches for the corresponding frequency,
> then uses this frequency to search carrier_nav.dat. Using the first match it
> comes to (assumption b. above) it searches the property tree to find the
> name of the carrier (assumption a. above). If the name of the carrier found
> is a substring of the entry in carrier_nav.dat, then it has found a valid
> entry, and will measure range and brg.
>
> Some points to note:
>
> If the entry in carrier_nav.dat is:
>
> 12  999        999           100 11160       0.000 CDG  FNS Charles de Gaule
> TACAN
>
> then
>
> <name>Charles de Gaule</name>
> <name>de Gaulle</name>
>
> or even
>
> <name>de</name>
>
> all produce a valid entry. The entry is NOT enclosed in quotes.
>
> No
>
> "en->name            = entry_node->getStringValue("name", "Nimitz");"
>
> is not a mistake. If <name></name> is not specified, then it defaults to
> "Nimitz". If <name></name> is specified then it uses that instead.
>
> As I said, it works here. If you set log-level=debug you might be able to
> see all this happening, as there are several debug points set within this
> code. Make sure you have a well-formed carrier_nav.dat, that it is gzipped,
> and <name></name> is correct.
>
> HTH. Let me know how you get on
>
> Vivian

Vivian,

OK working with CdeGaulle, only if:
12  999        999           100 11160       0.000 CDG  RFN CdeGaulle
TACAN
12  999        999           100 11160       0.000 NMZ  USS Nimitz TACAN

CdeGaulle on the first line, in that case Nimitz doesn't work TACAN is
not activated

If y do
12  999        999           100 11160       0.000 NMZ  USS Nimitz TACAN
12  999        999           100 11160       0.000 CDG  RFN CdeGaulle
TACAN

Nimitz working with TACAN CdeGaulle do not

The AI name is not a problem
<type>carrier</type>
        <name>CdeGaulle</name>
        <pennant-number>R91</pennant-number>

NB:previously i did put the new one behind Nimitz, if we want TACAN
working we can have only one carrier.

Thanks

Cheers

--