> I just upgraded to a newer mac laptop, and discovered that fltk apps
> don't render in the new highres mode.  It seems like it shouldn't be
> too hard for text at least, but I wasn't able to find an "enable high
> res" flag after a bit of looking at
>
> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/GraphicsAnimation/Conceptual/HighResolutionOSX/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012302-CH1-SW1

OK. As reported before by Christophe, the solution is to add one item
to the application's Info.plist file, as explained by Apple there:
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/GraphicsAnimation/Conceptual/HighResolutionOSX/Explained/Explained.html

The item is of the Boolean type, is named NSHighResolutionCapable,
and should be turned on. The effect is that when "File/Get Info"
from the finder is done on the application, the "Open in Low Resolution"
option becomes activated and unchecked, instead of greyed out and
checked.